Sunday, March 7, 2010

Awkard City, Population: The Oscars

A few of my live Oscar thoughts:

THIS OSCARS IS SO AWKWARD ALREADY

WAIT! WHY IS NPH HERE?!?! Did they get him just because Alec refused to dance? Is there anyone I’m more glad had a comeback? No there is not. No there is not indeed. I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but thank god for Harold and Kumar.

Oh, no. It’s awkward again. Oh wait, now it’s not. Okay, wait a minute. It’s awkward again. And it’s still awkward. Wait! It’s...oh, no. It’s just awkward.

Joe and I simultaneously: “…Ryan REYNOLDS?”

OH MY GOD WHY IS THIS THE MOST AWKWARD OSCARS EVER?!?

Monique. All of it. Every part.

DOM DELOUISE IS DEAD? WHY DON’T YOU PEOPLE KEEP ME INFORMED ABOUT THINGS THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO MY DAY-TO-DAY LIFE?

Yay, dancing to best original music! Oh, wait...it's just a Gap ad.

I’d like you all to meet my future husband: Colin Firth. Even if he is 100 years old, I will feed him apple sauce and roll him around in his wheelchair.

Oprah?! YOU get an Oscar! YOU get an Oscar! EVERY! BODY! GETS AN OSCAR!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSANDRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

So...I guess I need to see Hurt Locker?

Oh man! I forgot Alan Rickman is in this!! (Sorry, I switched over to Die Hard. Okay, no more writing my thoughts to my blog.)

4 comments:

Mom said...

I agree. If Andy Kaufman was alive and was asked to host The Oscars it would have been less awkward than that first 15 minutes.

Unknown said...

did you notice Tom Hanks RUN in and just blab out "Oh and by the way Hurt Locker wins, okay great everyone out! rofl rofl we ran out out of time lolz"

Rah said...

So I think if there is ever a year in which Aunt Meryl and Cousin Sandy are nominated together (and maybe Helen) then there should just be a 3-way tie. Would it kill 'em to just give out a few more oscars for the same category? Really?! Too painful?! (also majorly confused by Sandra's "and my lover Meryl" comment.
And I also was in the dark about Dom...screw the media - why do they get to pick and choose who makes national news?!
In closing, I support your thoughts.

Rah...again said...

Oh and do they just have the dancing every year, or is this some "James Cameron is nominated and made a big movie, so let's dance to the soundtrack" thing? It reminded me of fastforwarding through the dancing for As Good As It Gets when the girl was being "thrown" back and forth. :P Good times.