Friday, August 20, 2010

Coming Soon: A Story In Pictures

I had an idea for a post yesterday called DO RIGHT in which I talked about companies and politicians and how they need to DO RIGHT and not be total dickwads all the time.

It was just one of those days, you know? Where nothing huge and terrible happened, but every little thing built up until I burst into tears because I had walked a block too far from my el stop. I wanted to make a cartoon about it, as I am wont to do, but I was too emotionally distraught all evening to do it. But I'm giving it some distance, and I'll post it soon. Hopefully it will be funny in retrospect. Plus it does involve yogurt, bruises and my slow and painful demise. So yeah. Should be a good one.

In the end, the thing that calmed me down was this video. Because I'm Emily and I use 70's Gonzo to cheer me up when I'm feeling blue.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you've inspired me to spend 20 minutes looking for kermit and fozzy bear singing "movin' right along"

Emily said...

Then my work here is done.

Unknown said...

Hehe! That's awesome because after I read this post, I had "The Rainbow Connection" in my head the rest of the day, and then it made it into the cartoon today!