Friday, April 16, 2010

My 4 Favorite Dreams

Have you ever noticed that as soon as someone starts telling you their dream, you completely tune them out and start thinking about YOUR latest dream?

Don't do that yet. Because I have four awesome dreams to share with you guys.

This first one is the first dream I ever remembered. And it has stuck with me since then. OH MY GOD it explains a lot. I can't believe I didn't mention it before.

It's pretty simple: I was at the beach with my family when suddenly everyone started running out of the water and telling everyone to get back. Because--YOU GUESSED IT--there was a whale. This is how deep-seated this fear was. I don't think I was even 3 yet when this dream happened. The best part, though, is that once everyone was safely out of the water, the whale came floating out from behind some shrubbery. And it looked like this.

REE!! REE!! REE!! REE!! REE!! REE!! REE!! REE!!

That's it. That's that dream. Analyze amongst yourselves.

The second dream comes to you from when I was in Kindergarten. I had a dream that New Kids on The Block came to my house. Now, I had a HUGE crush on Jordan when I was little. But I also didn't really understand the concept of romance yet. I was five. So in my dream, NKOTB came to my house, I led them to our playroom, and we played "Guys" all afternoon. "Guys," I should explain, were these:



There you have it. In my richest, fullest dreams, I would have my celebrity heroes come over...and basically play dolls with me. I love this dream to no end and I am so glad that I've held onto it for twenty years. WORTH IT.

My third dream actually happened within the past few months, and I am actually pretty creeped out by it. I don't remember the details anymore, but the one thing I do remember was that I had traveled back in time to my house when I was only 4 or 5 (aka, NKOTB-playing-Playmobil-with-me age.) I walked into our old room. It still had the old wallpaper on it and everything. Katie and Little Me were sleeping in the room, and when I walked in, we both woke up and just calmly looked at Big Me, still sucking our thumbs and everything. I think I talked for a little bit, but I can't remember what I said anymore. And that's it.

This is the closest I have ever been to a sci-fi experience. Honestly I wish that when I woke up, I could suddenly remember having been woken up in that room by Big Me and finally understanding what that was. Damn it! Why can't fantasy things happen in real life?? Well, anyway, it still was pretty strange, pretend going back in time and pretend seeing old me.

And my final dream is this: I was being chased by a sloth. That's right. A SLOTH.


And I just remember thinking, "Wow. This is seriously the fastest sloth EVER." Which just makes me want to go back into that dream and hug Dream Me.

Those are my four favorite dreams, I think. I have had other dreams of course, and a few nightmares that will sadly never leave me...and one particularly saucy one involving Future Husband John Krasinski...but I think those four are my favorites. And now that you've been so patient and read mine, how about you? Favorite dream?

Oh, and if you don't want to share a dream, share your love! In the form of voting for me here! Have a great weekend, all!

1 comment:

Rah said...

SLOTH vs. WHALE - the ultimate fight for scarriest dream! Gross.