Thursday, January 21, 2010

Poll: What story do I do next?

I have a freelance job!

I'm editing stuff for a video game coming out (on Wii...I'm so high tech. I'm like flipping switches and catching laser beams over here) so I get to be a Grammar Queen 40 hours a week for the next month. Yippee!

Added bonus, I get to work from home.

Follow up questions:
Q: Did I get paid to not leave my bed today?
A: Yes.

Q: Did I still get to go to the gym before the Insane Post-Work Rush Of Doom?
A: Yes.

Q: Did I get to make a grilled sandwich with veggies and shredded cheese?
A: Yes.

Q: Was it delicious?
A: Yes.

Q: Was I too busy being a Grammar Queen to write my next biblical blog post?
A: Yes.

So okay...I was planning on doing my Bible posts without the help of the internet or my rickety Bible that I left out in the rain the day I got it (October 16th,1994) but I've hit a wall. And that wall is that I don't know the Bible stories in order at all.
So I might have to use Ol' Soggy afterall. But for now, I am wondering what to do.

POLL:
What should I discuss next?
a) Go back and do Joseph! We'll make it a sing-along!
b) You never mentioned Abraham, hellooooo...
c) Talk about King Og! (Oh, you didn't know? Yeah, there's a King Og.)
d) You FOOL!! Talk about the thing that clearly comes after Moses, which is _____!
e) All of the above, and in that order, please.

5 comments:

Liketohike said...

I think the next big thing after Moses might be Joshua (y'know, the Jericho guy), BUT I vote for Joseph. Please incorporate "Whereupon he ordered them to cut the chains that Joseph wore."

Kristin said...

My suggestions would include: Jacob & Esau, Sarah finding out she's gonna have a kid, Abraham & Isaac, Joseph's journeys, your personal recollection of Jewish law, Jericho, David & Goliath, Jonah.

Or! Skip ahead and do some NT stuff, i.e. Jesus stories, parables, Paul's journeys, Revelation.

Keep them coming! They are the most wonderful end to my already incredibly Bible-filled day. ;)

Liketohike said...

I can't believe I commented and did not say congratulations about the job! I hope you have fun with it, and I hope the 29 days that follow are just as awesome as yesterday, as evidenced by the Q&A. Also, I hope they offer you full-time because they just can't stand to see you go.

Sara Gorsky said...

do the whole Shadrach Meeshack and Abendigo heh heh

elena said...

you should go way back and do Lilith, then skip ahead to Jezebel.