Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Things That Make Me Happy Right Now

Moving is stressful. Two days of moving in the middle of the week? All I can say is, thank God I have two parents who don't work 9-5 jobs (When I needed a nepotism-fueled internship during college like my friends, I was not happy about that fact. But it's helping me out right now.) Then add the fact that at the end of all this moving, Joe and I are being ripped from each other's arms, and I need a little happy in my life right now. That's why I plan on focusing on these things today.

1. The Chew.

It's a new daytime show coming this fall. I know very little about it, but hi, Mario Batali AND Clinton Kelly? Of "Stacey and Clinton"?? YES AND YES. NOW. GIVE. GIVE NOW.


(Edit: Hmm, that video is not embedding properly. Damn you, ABC! Check it out here if you're interested.)

2. Tom Hanks dancing on Univision

I gather that Tom Hanks remembers about as much Spanish as I do, considering his reactions to people speaking Spanish with him: "...........Como?" I find it adorable that he had the courage to go on a Spanish-speaking show in the first place, and DOUBLY adorable when he just gives up. In a different clip, he's supposed to help with a recipe, but just regresses to eating a raw jalepeƱo. Amazing. This one takes the cake, though.



I love that Tom Hanks, in his age, wisdom, and earned respect has just said "F--K IT, I'M DOING WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT."

Tom Hanks' photo These people have been married 23 years. Hanx
Tom Hanks on WhoSay
(Courtesy of Tom's own Twitter)

3. Lonely Island

I'm sorry, but how can these songs not make you feel totally amazing?





If there was a nuclear explosion and the only artists left were Akon and Ludacris and they sang every song for the rest of my life....well that'd be just fine.


4. Gay Boyfriend, Purple Shorts
As always, a little bit of Party In The FIP to top it off.

No comments: