Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Regina Phalange: The Heart Of A Champion

A few weeks ago, I took Regina Phalange to the vet. I should have taken her around last June, but there was this whole thing called Looming & Subsequent Unemployment that kept me from doing it.

And since this isn't a blog about my cat (good god) I will skip ahead to tell you that I FINALLY took her this month and she has a mouth disease called Stomatitis which is apparently very painful. Poor little Gee Gee Kittenface Meowington McMeowMix. (Which is basically what I actually call her. It's faster.)

She went in for surgery this morning and the vet called to say she survived it, the champ! He took out about half her teeth, but left her ferocious canines so she can still instill fear into all who dare cross her. Technically, they don't know the cause or cure to stomatitis (and yet we put a man on the moon 40 years ago but WHATEVARRR) so the surgery--which was NOT free--may actually have done nothing for her. And she'll have to be on pain medication for the rest of her life.

But I believe in Regina. You know why?



That's why.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Poor patriotic fancy kitty. I hope she gets well soon!