Tuesday, January 12, 2010

If Old People Had It Their Way:

I would announce my engagement to a doctor today.

The doctor and I would be married tomorrow. All of their friends would be there. A few of mine would sit quietly in the corner.

A week after the honeymoon, my husband and I would announce that I am pregnant.

In a month, I give birth to a healthy baby boy who never cries, with a batting average of .350.

A month later, I announce I am again pregnant.

Another month. A baby girl. And she LOVES ruffles, pink, and hand-made blankets.

A few more months, a few more babies.

My family becomes plump-but-firm because we always want seconds (and thirds!) and we never miss a day of church.

In a few years, I innocently ask my daughter why she doesn't have a boyfriend. My daughter, at the ripe old age of three, announces her engagement to The President of The United States (Not that one, the new one--whose platform is social security and animal adoption).

We celebrate at Cracker Barrel.

No comments: